All general repairs and maintenance requests must be made in writing to our office. Please refer to the Trouble Shooting Guide included in your Tenant Moving-In Kit before logging maintenance.
To make the process simple, you can do this by using our FREE Tenant Maintenance Reporting App (designed for smart phones and tablets) or our Tenant Web Portal.
When logging maintenance please give as best description of the issue, make and model (if an appliance, air conditioner etc.) and attach a photo if possible.
Advise us of your instructions regarding arranging access so that we can process your request quickly and our tradespeople can schedule your job in. The quickest way to have repairs attended to, is by allowing access for the tradespeople. You can do this by giving the authority to use the agency’s keys to enable the required Tradesperson to access the property.
Please note that if you make a time to meet at the property with a tradesperson and you don’t show up, you will be given the invoice for the call out fee.
Whilst we hope your tenancy will be trouble free, situations may arise that require urgent attention. Please follow the following procedure when dealing with Emergency Maintenance:
- Emergency maintenance must be reported immediately. All emergencies must be phoned through to the office on (07) 40469300 as soon as possible and then formalised online or in writing. Outside of office hours contact 0438 700 282.
- If you have endeavoured to contact our office unsuccessfully for the required approval then it is requested that in such an emergency you contact the nominated repairer directly (listed below).
- If the nominated repairer cannot be contacted, the tenant can arrange a suitably qualified person to carry out the repair. The tenant can pay the repairer themselves and get the money reimbursed or get the repairer to bill First National directly.
WARNING: If the repair does not fit into the Emergency repairs list below as set out in the current legislation you will be charged the call out fee.
Residential Tenancies & Rooming Accommodation Act 2008
Section 214 - Meaning of emergency repairs
Emergency repairs are works needed to repair any of the following-
- a burst water service or a serious water service leak
- a blocked or broken lavatory system
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm, fire or impact damage
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to premises
- a failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on premises for hot water, cooking or heating
- a fault or damage that makes premises unsafe or insecure
- a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a Tenant of premises
- a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area of premises that unduly inconveniences a Tenant in gaining access to, or using, the premises.
All other repairs are considered to be routine repairs.
BKL Electrics - 0419 774 816
Raymond Plumbing - 0421 206 939
IF YOU HAVE LOCKED YOURSELF OUT
During office hours we are happy to help. Please contact (07) 40469300 to see if a spare key is available for you to collect. Collected keys must be returned within 24 hours.
Outside of office hours please contact your preferred locksmith at your own expense. We find Eddie Williams Locksmith – 0402442092 very helpful.