(Please click on headings below for Quick Reference)
Who Will Be Managing My Property?
How Do We Market Your Property?
Who Chooses My Tenant?
How Often Do We Inspect Your Property?
Do We Use The Latest Technology?
Are We Up To Date With The Current Training and Legislation?
Meet Our Property Management Team
Does First National Have A Track Record?
What Is First National's Points of Difference?
How Do We Manage Your Risk?
What Are Our Property Management Services?
Do We Have A Service Guarantee?
What Is Property Depreciation?
At First National Cairns Central and Cairns Beaches we are a full service corporate property management team with the skills, experience, knowledge and capacity to manage property expertly. We operate within a best practice framework with state of the art technology. We own and invest in property ourselves and know what our clients demand from their property manager.
Our procedures and personnel are supported by a raft of the latest purpose designed computer programs ensuring a fail-safe service to our customers.
We firmly believe that no other estate agency can provide you with the quality and consistency of service that has built our reputation for excellence in property management.
Who Will Be Managing My Property?
At First National Cairns Central and Cairns Beaches have adopted a full corporate structure for our property management department. We have set up a structure of team leader, property managers and support members. It is a portfolio based pod structure. This means you will have a dedicated property manager that you will get to know with support staff that will understand what is needed if the property manager is away on leave or sick.
How Do We Market Your Property? There is an old marketing adage “It’s hard to sell a secret”. It is still true and we pride ourselves in the manner in which we present our clients property to the market place. Good photography, digital marketing at the highest level, over 15 portals and a data base of over 2000 at any one time. We do not rest until a property is let.
Who Chooses My Tenant? We pride ourselves in processing each application received as though we are putting them into our own home. Sure, as an investor you've likely taken out insurance to protect against tenant property abuse and loss of rental revenue, but finding good tenants offers so much more to an investor than just this. The “right” tenant will be longer term, saving you money on vacancy periods, stress and time wastage of finding new tenants, and above all, peace of mind.
How Often Do We Inspect Your Property? Routine inspections are undertaken every 13 weeks to make sure that the condition of your investment property is being maintained by the tenant. We also identify any minor or major maintenance that is required to be conducted in order to limit any liability against you, to ensure that your landlord insurance is not jeopardised and to retain the capital value of your investment property.
Do We Use The Latest Technology? Although our team is experienced in property management, modern day service requires that we utilise a suit of computer programs to assist in day to day activities.
We have the latest systems that assist in areas such as property viewings allowing 24/7 ability for potential tenants to make appointments to view. We have systems that advise landlords of letting activity, all this minimises the vacancy period of an investment property. We have systems to properly record and report routine inspections giving our landlords regular updates on the condition of their property. Property maintenance is also managed by the latest programs. This ensures maintenance is done promptly and professionally, records are kept and risk is managed correctly. Rent collection and account payment is also done through computer management of our trust account keeping clear records for our annual audit and your end of financial year accounting statements.
We also provide our landlords with the ability to directly log-in to our web based management system to view their monthly statements, expenses & income. This is a 24/7 service.
Are We Up To Date With The Current Training and Legislation? Our team regularly attend training. We train our team in modern and evolving practices, risk management, changes in legislation, and personal business practices. We also engage an outside contractor to maintain our best practice procedures reflecting changes in legislation and modern management techniques. It is vital that the property management team is kept well versed in the ever changing matrix of legislation that surrounds property management in order to protect our clients.
Meet our Property Management Team http://www.fncairnscentral.com/our-company/our-team
Does First National Have A Track Record? Together with our sister office in Alice Springs we manage over 1550 properties with a total value in excess of $568 million. These are big figures and we take our management responsibilities very seriously. It’s the only way we can behave when we consider we have been trusted by so many people with so much.
What Is First National's Points of Difference? As a company we recognise that sales are very important, however unlike many we see the management of assets on behalf of our clients as equally if not more important. This is not a view shared by many agents and is the cornerstone of what we believe makes our property management different. We have outlined specific areas previously in this submission that ensure that the service we offer is second to none; they include our staff, our technology, our procedures and our training. But what makes us different-we are investors- we like what we do
How Do We Manage Your Risk? Due to the world becoming much more litigious, risk management and legislative knowledge has become a bigger element in property management than ever before. We ensure all staff members are continually updated on current legislation and industry practices. This protects you the landlord.
What Are Our Property Management Services? Letting Service
- Initial Listing Inspection and Appraisal
- Photographs for our webpage and rental list
- Inspect Real Estate software for inspection online booking 24/7.
- Thorough background and reference checks of tenant and completion of a TICA “Tenant History” check.
- Preparation of REIQ Tenancy Agreement and associated documentation
- Collection of bond and lodgment to with RTA.
- Setting up accounts for the landlord and the tenant
- Collection and receipting of Rents
- Monitoring of payment – we manage arrears on a daily basis
- Taking prompt action should arrears occur (as per RTA guidelines)
- Hassle free banking. Simply nominate your bank (or loan) account and we do the banking for you. Either monthly or fortnightly
- Every deposit into your account is accompanied by a statement outlining all income and expenses for that period
- A detailed end of year financial statement is email and posted to you
Management and Maintenance
- Tenancy Renewals
- Regular quarterly inspections with a written report detailing the condition of the property every time one of these are completed
- Handling tenant requests and complaints
- Keeping owners informed. We guarantee to keep in contact with you regarding any positive or negative matters concerning your property
- We arrange and supervise necessary quotes and repairs
- We ensure all work is completed by competent, reliable and registered trades people
- We arrange payment of all accounts approved by you from your rent monies
Do We Have A Service Guarantee? Promises are easily made and easily forgotten. We believe that you should only ever make promises that you can deliver. First National Cairns
Beaches is setting the standard by making meaningful commitments through our service guarantee.
Our service guarantee ensures that First National Cairns Central and Cairns Beaches will:
- Expose your property to our qualified tenant prospects.
- Interview all prospective tenants and check references.
- Sign and execute Leases on your behalf and lodge rental bonds for your security.
- Collect rental payments on your behalf and ensure correct receipting procedure.
- Provide monthly statements of income and expenditure and disburse monies as per your instructions.
- Complete written inspection reports on your property at commencement and completion of tenancy.
- Carry out regular inspections of your property and provide you with a written report for budget and planning purposes.
- Arrange quotes and repairs on your property, as per your instructions, and pay accounts from rents collected.
- Carry out regular rent reviews to ensure your property remains competitive in the market.
- Regularly review our approved trades people to ensure quality of work and competitive rates
Should we fail to provide any of the above services you are at liberty to cancel your Managing Agency Agreement or we will refund the last three months management and collection fees from the time you notify the Principal(s).
What Is Property Depreciation? Property depreciation is the most often missed tax deduction because it is a non-cash deduction, which means you do not need to spend money to claim it. A building and its fixtures depreciate whether you, the owner, claims it or not. As a building gets older, items wear out - they depreciate. The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) allows property owners to claim this wear and tear, depreciation, as a deduction. A Tax Depreciation Schedule, available from a Quantity Surveyor or other qualified professional, will outline the deductions available on your specific property and your accountant will consult this when preparing your tax return.
Contact BMT Tax Depreciation for more information: http://www.bmtqs.com.au/residential-property-depreciation/